Sunday, April 14, 2013

Makeup Brush Guide

I have always loved makeup; the beautiful packaging, the colors, and the endless options! One of the things I love most about makeup, are the makeup brushes you can use to apply your makeup. Whenever I use makeup brushes I feel like I have gone back in time to old Hollywood. I just recently bought some new make up brushes and did some research how the “proper” way to use them, needless to say I was mistaken on what some of the makeup brushes intended uses are. I feel like I am probably not alone in using the wrong makeup brush for the wrong thing, so here is a guide to help you out! 
{From Left To Right}


1. Angled Eyeliner - used to apply eyeliner
2. Medium Angled Shading - Use to apply highlight shades under eyebrows and the inner corners
3. Large Shader - great for applying cream formulas and eye shadow primers; precision under the eyes, around the mouth, and on the nose. 
4. Pencil - precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, upper and lower lash line
5. Large Angled Contour - medium to heavy coverage use to apply foundation, bronzer, and blush. Ideal to apply contour shades 
6. Large Powder Brush - light to medium coverage; use to blend
7. Foundation - for an airbrush finish apply foundation in a circular motion 
8. Tapered foundation - use to apply foundation and concealer 
9. Concealer - ideal to conceal the under eye area
10. Blend - use to blend eye shadow 
11. Eye Shading - used to apply eye shadow or eye shadow and pigment
12. Eyeliner - An extra-fine tipped that delivers a precise and even stroke to

No comments:

Post a Comment