Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gone With The Wind

This weekend when I was at Target {the store you go to when you don’t want to stick to a shopping list} I spotted the 70th Anniversary copy of Gone With The Wind. I was completely oblivious to the fact that this timeless movie was 70 years old, and it’s actually closer to its 75th Anniversary now; it was first shown in a theater in 1939!  

Margaret Mitchell created some of the most iconic Southern characters when she wrote Gone With The Wind that transferred onto the movie screen perfectly. Whenever I think of Gone With The Wind I can just hear the film score playing, Scarlett O’Hara saying “I’ll think about that tomorrow”, Mammy lacing up Scarlett’s corset and trying to keep her in line, then of course there’s Rhett Butler, the name just speaks for itself. I honestly never understood what Scarlett saw in Ashley Wilkes, I’m just going to say it…Ashley was kind of a pansy. Rhett may have been what some call a little unethical at times, but he was a Man. 

Whether you are from the North or the South Gone With The Wind is one of those classic movies you have to see at least once. I would also encourage you to read the book; like always, the book is better then the movie. Gone With The Wind has all the elements in a story you could possibly ask for: love, passion, war, suspense, and so much more. 



His and Her Drink Special!
Rhett Butler
1 ½ ounces Southern Comfort Bourbon
¼ ounce curacao
½ ounce fresh lime juice
½ ounce fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon sugar
Shaved ice
Mix and pour into a Champagne glass filled with shaved ice.

Scarlett O’Hara
1 ½ ounces Southern Comfort Bourbon
1 ounce cranberry juice
1 dash fresh lime juice
Ice cubes
Shake with ice and strain through a green velvet curtain into a chilled cocktail glass.


28 comments:

  1. One of my favorite movies! Ill have to try these drinks!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands down one of my all time favorites! I never understood what Scarlett saw in Ashley either... I LOVE Rhett! Oh fiddly-dee-dee! LOL! And those drinks sound awesome! I'll have to try them the next time I break out the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rhett too! I think those drinks would be so much fun to try while you watch the movie; very festive!

      Delete
  3. Among all time fav movies, and by the way i am a lazy one so, you can make the drinks and invite me over or come over here with the drinks and we can snuggle up over the movie ehehehe
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it would definitely be nice to have a bar tender to mix the drinks at home!

      Delete
  4. I've actually never seen Gone with the Wind, I'll have to add it to my watch list...wonder if it's on Netflix. Thanks for the suggestion!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gone With the Wind is my favourite movie, and book!!!! I was so thrilled when I saw this post :)
    I definitely agree with you about Ashley, I never understood what Scarlett saw in him!
    Amazing post :)

    Meggie
    meggiejuly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this post! I just love Gone With The Wind!

      Delete
  6. Will be trying these drinks this weekend!! They sound delicious! And I love that you posted about this classic! :)

    Amber
    countryandclassy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will love the Scarlet and Rhett drinks! Glad you enjoyed this post!

      Delete
  7. I read the book this summer and it is absolutely AMAZING. It's so many pages (more than a thousand) but totally worth it. Scarlett O'Hara is my idol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the length of the book can be a little intimidating but it is a great read!

      Delete
  8. This was my favorite movie, and I remember making my friends watch it for the second time---it gets better with each viewing!

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does get better with each viewing! So perfectly stated!

      Delete
  9. great review!

    http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my all time favorite books, love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the book and the movie! You just can't help but fall in love with the story line.

      Delete
  11. Very cool post! the movie is awesome. I've seen it a while back. Have a lovely day.

    noradulce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gone With The Wind is a pretty great movie! Hope you have a lovely day as well :)

      Delete
  12. I love the drink recipes! This was my favorite book, such a classic! Great post

    xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! I love the movie and the book too, it is definitely a movie & book everyone should watch or read at least once! Glad you enjoyed the drink recipe!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Every time I watch Gone With The Wind I love it a little bit more then the time before!

      Delete